Daniel Radcliffe: Oscar boycott has already been effective

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

daniel-radcliffe759

“Harry Potter” star Daniel Radcliffe said that the threat of boycotting Oscars is already changing Hollywood.

“I suppose in a way it’s already been effective because there has been a reaction in terms of the Academy working on changing their policy,” Daniel said at the Sundance Film Festival premiere of his new indie drama “Swiss Army Man”.

 “It’s the start of a conversation that feels like we shouldn’t need anymore because particularly in this industry, we think of ourselves as being liberal (and) very progressive. We need to put our money where our mouth is.” the 26-year-old star said

Spike Lee, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith earlier this week announced that they weren’t going to attend this year’s Oscars because of the lack of diversity among the nominees. 

All of the 20 acting nominees are white. The #OscarsSoWhite controversy erupted again after the nominations were announced on January 14. 

Stay tuned for more with www.cinenewz.com also on :
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *